Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, stirred or sifted before measuring
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
Put eggs in a mixing bowl; add sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Blend in 1/2 cup of cashews and flour mixture. Turn mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until crust springs back when lightly touched.
Put melted butter in a small mixing bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar, cream, and 1/3 cup chopped cashew nuts. Immediately spread over hot baked cookie crust, covering top completely. Place under broiler for about 1 minute, or until topping bubbles and browns lightly. Cut while still warm then cool completely in pan on rack.
Makes about 36 cashew squares.
Judy's Toffee with Cashews
Praline Bars Recipes
Hazelnut Butter Ball Cookies
Macadamia Nut Sugar Cookies
Macadamia Nut Butter Ball Cookies
Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies