Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel. Cut in butter with a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan to make a crust. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle coconut over the baked layer; set aside. Combined condensed milk and remaining lemon rind. Drizzle evenly over the coconut. Sprinkle walnuts or pecans over the top, pressing down lightly. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool on a rack and cut into squares to serve. Makes about 3 dozen.
You Might Also Like