- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled apples
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- sifted powdered sugar, optional
In mixing bowl combine brown sugar, butter, and egg; beat until light and fluffy.
Combine the apples, flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; stir to blend.
Add the apple and flour mixture to the first mixture; stir to blend well. Stir in chopped walnuts.
Spread batter evenly in greased and floured 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes. cool in pan.
Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes about 24 to 30 bars.
You Might Also Like