- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons cold butter (10 tablespoons or 5 ounces) cut into small pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- few drops almond flavoring
- Fruit Filling
- 1 jar (16 to 18 ounces) cherry preserves
- about 36 maraschino cherries, drained, halved
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
In a food processor or with pastry blender, work crust ingredients together just until particles begin to stick together a bit. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned around edge.
Let cool slightly in pan on a rack.
Prepare fruit filling. Mix preserves and cherries; spread over crust.
Make the cream cheese filling. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Beat in sugar and eggs and flavoring until well blended. Spread over the cherry layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
More Cherry Desserts
Cherry Pie Filling
Fresh Cherry Dessert
Cherry Cheesecake Pie
Cheese Cherry Pie
Cherry Cheese Pie
Cobbler with Cherry Pie Filling
Cherry Pie with Cream Cheese
Cherry Rhubarb Pie
Cherry Upside-Down Cake
Easy Cherry Cake
Fudge Cherry Bars
No - Bake Cherry Cheese Squares
Banana Split Trifle
Brownies and Bars
Pie Recipe Index