- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), slightly softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Dash salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1/3 cup (3 1/2 ounces) flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Drain pineapple well in a colander; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and eggs; beat until smooth. Spread evenly over the baked crust, then sprinkle the drained crushed pineapple evenly over the top.
In another bowl, combine the coconut, pecans, and 4 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle evenly over the pineapple and cream cheese layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until coconut is browned and filling is set. Chill thoroughly before cutting into squares.