- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- ***Optional Topping***
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon butter or shortening
Combine the flour and salt; set aside.
Beat melted butter and brown sugar together until smooth; beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
Slowly beat in the flour and salt until blended, then stir in the coconut and chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set in the center but still soft. Do not overbake. Let the bars cool slightly before drizzling with chocolate, then cool completely before cutting into small squares.
For topping, if using, melt chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of butter or shortening until smooth. Drizzle over the bars with a spoon or pour the mixture into a sandwich bag and cut a very small piece of the corner off. Drizzle, squeezing the chocolate out over the bars.
You Might Also Like
- Butterscotch Brownies with Butterscotch Chips
- Chocolate Chunk Graham Blondies
- Mom's Blonde Brownies
- Butterscotch Bars with Chocolate Chips
- S'Mores Bars
- Layered Blondies