- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans or red beans, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
In a small saucepan combine ketchup, chili powder, beans, onion, and green bell pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place burgers on bottom halves of buns; spoon 3 or 4 tablespoons of bean mixture over each burger.
Cover with bun tops.
Beef and bean burgers serves 6.