Serve these tasty hamburger steaks with mashed potatoes and your choice of vegetable. Add a little red wine to the gravy for even more flavor.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine, optional
Combine ground beef, pepper, salt, seasoned salt, and bread crumbs. Shape into 4
oval patties. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry the patties for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Remove patties to warm plate and keep warm. Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Add mushrooms to the drippings and cook until tender.
Add flour to the skillet; stir until hot and bubbly. Add the beef broth and wine, if using; cook, stirring, until the sauce is
thickened. Pour over the steaks and serve with potatoes and a vegetable side dish.
More Hamburger Recipes
Burgers With Caramelized Onions
Basic Grilled Burgers
Beef and Bean Burgers