- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck or ground round
- 3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- seasoned salt and pepper
- sliced tomatoes, optional
- sliced pickles, optional
- sliced onion, optional
- lettuce, optional
- condiments, as desired
Combine the beef with bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, grated onion, garlic powder, and tomato juice. Shape the meat into 4 to 5 large patties. Sprinkle both sides of burgers lightly with seasoned salt and pepper.
Put burgers on a lightly oiled grill over the prepared coals and grill for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until done as desired. Serve on split toasted buns with your choice of sliced vegetables and condiments.