These hamburger steaks are wrapped in bacon then grilled or broiled and served with mushroom sauce.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 4 strips bacon
- 6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
Combine ground beef, oil, garlic, salt and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties. Wrap each pattie with bacon, as you would a fillet mignon steak, and fasten with toothpicks. Cook on grill 10 to 15 minutes on each side or to desired doneness, or cook on broiler. In a skillet, sauté mushrooms in melted butter; add Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper. Serve with the mushroom sauce.