Top each hamburger with mayonnaise and toppings, along with a sprinkling of chopped walnuts.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- toppings, such as tomato slices, lettuce, and onion slices
- mayonnaise and/or sour cream
- chopped walnuts
- 4 split toasted hamburger buns
Combine first 7 ingredients; mix well. Shape into 4 patties; grill over hot coals 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Or, broil about 4 inches from heat source, turning once during cooking, until cooked through. Transfer patties to serving platter. Serve on toasted buns with toppings, a dollop of mayonnaise or sour cream, along with a sprinkling of chopped walnuts.