Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup ground hazelnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- seedless raspberry jam or your favorite
- 2 tablespoon soft butter
- dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half, heated until hot
Sift together the flour and 1/3 cup sugar; add the ground hazelnuts or pecans. Blend in the soft butter to make a soft dough. Roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1/8-inch thick. Cut into 2 1/2-inch rounds. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Spread half of the cookies with frosting; top with remaining cookies and spread tops with a little jam and more frosting. If desired sprinkle with chopped nuts or coconut.
Frosting: In a medium bowl blend 2 tablespoons butter, dash salt, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 cup of the sifted confectioners' sugar. Alternately add 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar with 3 tablespoons of half and half, beating until smooth and creamy. Add more half-and-half if necessary.
You Might Also Like