- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 small package (3 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream butter and cream cheese until light. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, and almond extract. Combine flour with baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture gradually. Shape the cookie dough into small logs which will fit into your cookie press. Press onto ungreased cookie sheet or baking mats. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned. Depending on shapes, use jam or cherry halves for centers, green decorative sugar for trees and wreaths, and so on.
Makes about 3 to 4 dozen cookies.
<font face="verdana, geneva, helvetica" size="2] <div align="center]Slow Cooker Recipes | Casseroles | Main Recipe Index
Weekly Crockpot Recipe Newsletter</font></div>