This is a flavorful cabbage soup recipe made with shredded cabbage, beef broth, tomatoes, potatoes, and more. Thanks to Mary Ann for posting this recipe.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (10 1/2 oz each) condensed beef broth
- 1 small head green cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 stalk celery (including leaves), sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
Cook and stir onions in Dutch oven until tender. Add beef broth, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, celery and tomatoes. Add enough water to thoroughly cover all ingredients by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and add seasonings. Simmer for 2 hours.
Shared by Mary Ann