- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed, or use plain orange juice along with zest of 1 orange, if desired
- 1 vanilla cake mix with pudding in the mix (18.25 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds
- Optional Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed, or fresh orange juice
Beat together the eggs, oil, cranberry sauce, sugar, and orange juice. Slowly beat in the cake mix until blended and continue beating on high speed for about 2 minutes. Fold in nuts and spoon into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
Drizzle with Orange Glaze or dust with powdered sugar.
For glaze, combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar with 2 to 3 tablespoons of thawed orange juice concentrate, or enough juice to create a thin icing consistency.