- 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix, moist style with pudding in the mix
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream, reduced fat is fine
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, about 2 to 3 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil or lemon flavoring
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat slowly with electric mixer until blended. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Spoon into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate and cool completely.
Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a thin icing or lemon glaze.