Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onions, about 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 orange cut into 8 wedges
Wash and trim carrots, peel if desired, then cut in half crosswise.
Heat oil on high in a large 12-inch skillet; place carrots closely together in pan in single layer. Sprinkle with chopped onion and freshly ground pepper.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, turning them over after about 15 minutes. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes longer, or until fork-tender. Liquid should be evaporated and carrots beginning to caramelize at end of cooking time.
Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Squeeze two of the orange wedges over carrots.
Toss well and serve with remaining orange wedges.