Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth, or a combination
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, optional
- salt, to taste
- chopped green onion, cilantro, or parsley, for garnish
Toss the cauliflower florets with the chopped onion, curry powder, pepper, and cumin. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat lightly.
Spread out on the baking pan and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes, turning frequently, until tender.
Put in a large saucepan with the broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until very tender. Add the cream and continue cooking for 1 minute longer. Blend in batches. Add lime juice if desired, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley, chopped green onion, or cilantro.
Serves 5 to 6.