- 1 large head of cauliflower, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds, cut into flowerets
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Cheddar cheese, mild or sharp
- 1 cup soft fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter
Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Heat oven to 350°.
In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir until smooth and just bubbly. Add salt, pepper, and milk. Cook the sauce, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Add the mustard and cheese and continue cooking, stirring, until cheese is melted.
Combine the cauliflower with sauce and spoon into the prepared baking dish.
Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over the cauliflower mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly and topping is browned.
More Cauliflower Recipes
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Curry Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Cauliflower With Parmesan Cheese
Easy Creamed Cauliflower
Quick Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower and Cheese Soup, Slow Cooker
Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Soup