- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted*
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted*
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Beat together the cream cheese, 1 cup brown sugar, evaporated milk, flour, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla. Add eggs and continue to beat just until blended. Pour into baked crust and bake at 350° 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Loosen sides then remove rim from pan. Cool completely. Arrange hut halves around top of cheesecake. In a saucepan combine corn syrup, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Cook, stirring, over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over cheesecake.
Store leftover cheesecake, covered, in refrigerator.
*To toast nuts, spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350° oven, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Or, toast in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown and aromatic.