- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, regular or cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, grade A or B
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 scant teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dash salt
- Maple Pecan Topping
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and 1/4 cup melted butter; press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
In a mixing bowl with electric hand-held mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth and well blended. Add the pumpkin, eggs, 1/4 cup maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; blend well. Pour mixture into the prepared springform pan.
Bake for about 75 minutes, or until edge springs back when lightly touched with finger. The center will still be slightly jiggly. Cool in pan on a rack then chill thoroughly.
Prepare glaze. In a cup combine the 2 tablespoons water with 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch. In a saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons butter; add 1/2 cup maple syrup and the cornstarch and water mixture. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add the 3/4 cup pecan pieces. Cool slightly, then spoon over the cheesecake.