- 1 1/2 cups Shortbread cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 24 ounces Cream cheese; softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) Sweetened condensed Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 8 ounces Sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- fresh berries, fruit sauce, or pie filling
Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas Mark 4) .
Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, beating until smooth. Beat in eggs then sour cream and vanilla.
Pour cream cheese mixture into the prepared crust in the pan.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edge. The center will still be slightly soft and will have a little jiggle.
Let cool. Refrigerate to chill thoroughly.
Garnish as desired with fresh fruit sauce or pie filling.