Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- dash of ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chile, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced, optional
- 1 can (about 16 ounces) undrained red kidney beans or small red beans
- 1 cup shredded American cheese or a Cheddar jack or Mexican cheese blend
- tortilla chips
Cook ground beef with 1/2 cup chopped onion until meat is browned and onion is tender. Stir in ketchup, chili powder, and salt. Add chopped chile peppers and beans; mash mixture well.
Heat until the mixture is hot; top with the shredded cheese and remaining 1/2 cup chopped onion. Keep the dip warm in chafing dish, fondue pot, or slow cooker.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 4 cups.
You Might Also Like