This version of the Rotel and cheese dip is a Mississippi favorite. The dip includes ground beef, corn, and cooked rice. It's a hearty dip, great for a Super Bowl bash or tailgating.
It's a versatile recipe. It can be made without mushrooms and rice, or leave the beef out and add browned sausage or sauteed onions and peppers. Use ingredients you like.
You could even leave the rice out and use it as a topping for baked potatoes.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) Rotel tomatoes
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped mild green chile peppers
- l lb. of Velveeta cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef or chuck
- 1 can mushrooms, drained (any size can to suit your taste)
- 1 package of Boil in Bag rice, cooked, or about 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (1 to 1 1/2 cup corn kernels)
I am sure you can anything else that you like...several people have added sausage instead of beef, onion, bell pepper, etc.
Rotel dip shared by Gigi