This version of the Rotel and cheese dip is a Mississippi favorite. The dip includes ground beef, corn, and cooked rice. It's a hearty dip, great for a Super Bowl bash or tailgating.
It's a versatile recipe. It can be made without mushrooms and rice, or leave the beef out and add browned sausage or sauteed onions and peppers. Use ingredients you like.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) Rotel tomatoes
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped mild green chile peppers
- l lb. of Velveeta cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef or chuck
- 1 can mushrooms, drained (any size can to suit your taste)
- 1 package of Boil in Bag rice, cooked, or about 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (1 to 1 1/2 cup corn kernels)
I am sure you can anything else that you like...several people have added sausage instead of beef, onion, bell pepper, etc.
Rotel dip shared by Gigi
More Cheese Dips
Chili Cheese Dip
Beefy Cheese Dip
Jalapeno Cheese Dip
Cheesy Black-Eyed Pea Dip
Healthy Onion Dip
Refried Bean Dip
Easy Bean Dip
Layered Barbecue Bean Dip
Chile con Queso Dip Recipe
Dips and Spreads