Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons butter (14 tablespoons), room temperature
- 3 cups sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, more or less
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 300°.
Roll small amounts of dough into a long tube about the width of a straw and cut in desired lengths. Or, roll dough out on a floured surface to about 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thickness, cut into strips, and gently twist. Arrange the strips on 1 or 2 ungreased baking sheets.
Bake in preheated 300° oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the straws are crisp and lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
Tip: If you roll them into straw shapes, use a flat block or flat wide dish bottom to roll them uniformly. Makes about 5 to 6 dozen.