Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons butter (14 tablespoons), room temperature
- 3 cups sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, more or less
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 300°.
Roll small amounts of dough into a long tube about the width of a straw and cut in desired lengths. Or, roll dough out on a floured surface to about 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thickness, cut into strips, and gently twist. Arrange the strips on 1 or 2 ungreased baking sheets.
Bake in preheated 300° oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or
until the straws are crisp and lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
Tip: If you roll them into straw shapes, use a flat block or flat wide dish bottom to roll them uniformly. Makes about 5 to 6 dozen.
More Cheese Snacks
Bacon Swiss Cheese Squares
Cheese Sticks Recipe
Fried Cheese Bites
Party Tuna Puffs
Olive Cheese Bites
Cheesy Shrimp Puffs
Soft Cheese Pretzels
Appetizer Parmesan Puffs
Olive Cheese Nuggets
Sausage Cheese Balls
Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Cheese Shrimp Puff Appetizer Squares
Dips and Spreads