- 1 container whipped cream cheese, 4 ounces
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh or frozen chopped chives
- dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp natural Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 egg yolks beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- sesame seeds, optional
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, egg, lemon juice, chives, and a dash of pepper; beat well. Stir in shredded Cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Chill thoroughly.
Sprinkle a little flour over a work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the floured surface and roll into a 16-inch square. Cut into 16 4-inch squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
Place 1 rounded teaspoon of the filling mixture on a puff pastry square. Moisten the edge with a little water and fold over to form a triangle. Crimp the entire edge with a fork to seal. Prick the tops with a fork, then brush lightly with the egg yolk mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Place on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry squares and filling. When all triangles are made, chill until ready to bake.
Preheat oven to 425°. Reduce heat to 375° as soon as you place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Makes 32 appetizers.
You Might Also Like