Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf sliced party rye bread
- hard-cooked egg slices, pimiento-stuffed olives, lettuce, carrot curls for garnish
Combine shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced olives, mayonnaise, and curry powder, stirring well to blend. Spread about 1 tablespoon of mixture on each slice of bread and place on baking sheets. Bake at 400° F (200° C/Gas Mark 6) for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Arrange on tray; garnish with garnish suggestions, if desired.
Makes about 3 dozen cheese rye appetizers.
You Might Also Like