This salmon appetizer ball is made with cream cheese and canned salmon, flavored with a little horseradish and dill. The ball is coated with chopped walnuts and pecans.
Serve this tasty spread with assorted crackers.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or grated onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon dillweed
- salt, pepper & garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (15-1/2 oz.) can salmon
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
In a mixing bowl with a hand-held electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, dill, salt, pepper and garlic powder until well blended.
Drain and flake salmon, removing skin and bone. Beat into cheese mixture at low speed until well blended.
Chill until firm enough to handle.
Shape into ball with dampened hands.
Combine the fresh chopped parsley and chopped walnuts or pecans. Roll the ball in the mixture to coat thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving time.
Serve with crackers.
Shared by Janet
You Might Also Like