This simple herbed cream cheese ball is rolled in coarsely ground black pepper before serving. Garlic, parsley, and chives add flavor to this easy appetizer spread.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh or frozen minced chives
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- coarsely ground black pepper, for coating
Put softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
Cook garlic cloves in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain then cool for 5 minutes and put through garlic press.
Add minced garlic to cheese. Add parsley, chives, and cayenne and blend well. You can use a food processor or mixer.
Let the mixture stand for 1 hour to allow ingredients to come together. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
Chill then shape into a ball and roll in coarsely ground black pepper.
Serve with assorted crackers.
You Might Also Like