Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
Yield: Serves 12 to 16
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can (12 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups (about half of an 8 ounce container) frozen lite whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
In a large bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, 1/2 cup of sugar, and melted butter. Blend well. Press the pretzel mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in another bowl with an electric mixer on low, combine the condensed milk and water until well blended. Add the pudding mix and beat on medium high for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Fold in the whipped topping until well incorporated. Spread over the cooled crust and refrigerate until the filling is firm.
Spoon the cherry pie filling over the filling layer. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
If desired, top each serving with a dollop of whipped topping.
Serves 12 to 16.