Serve chicken a la king over hot cooked rice, toast, biscuits, or baked pastry shells.
This easy chicken takes just minutes to fix with pre-cooked diced chicken.
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped drained pimiento (2 ounce jar)
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion and mushrooms; cook, stirring, until onion is tender.
Add flour and salt, stirring until the flour is absorbed. Continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Gradually stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce.
Continue cooking and stirring for about 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened and begins to bubble; stir in chicken and drained chopped pimiento.
Heat through and serve over hot cooked rice, pastry shells, or toast.
You Might Also Like