- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried leaf tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- juice of 1 small lemon, about 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley or chives, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
In a pie plate or wide shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, tarragon, and basil. In another pie plate or shallow bowl, beat eggs with the water.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet.
Dip chicken pieces into egg, coating well, then into the flour and herb mixture, turning several times. When chicken is well coated, place in hot butter and oil in the skillet. Brown chicken on both sides for about 3 minutes per side, or until juices run clear and chicken is brown. Remove to a plate.
Add mushrooms and remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. Saute for about 4 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms are browned. Add the broth, wine, and lemon juice; simmer rapidly for about 3 minutes to reduce somewhat.
Combine 1 tablespoon flour with 1 tablespoon butter, stirring until smooth. Add to the broth and wine mixture, stirring and cooking for about one minute, until thickened, then add chicken back to the skillet. Heat until chicken is hot. Serve this chicken garnished with fresh parsley or chives, if desired.
Chicken Breasts in Creamy Creole Sauce, Slow Cooker
Chicken Marsala Recipe
Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella Cheese
Chicken Breasts with Bacon and Cheese
Chicken With Tomatoes
Herb Baked Chicken Breasts
Creamy Chicken With Mushrooms
Easy Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Breast Recipes Index
Chicken Recipe Index