- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 jars or cans artichoke hearts in brine, quartered, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped oven-roasted tomatoes* or drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
Place chicken breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound to a uniform thickness. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper then dredge lightly in flour.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat; add the chicken pieces. Brown chicken, turning to brown both sides. Add mushrooms and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced slightly, then cover and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
More Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken Breasts with Dill
Chicken Breasts with Tarragon and Cream
Roasted Garlic and Oregano Chicken Breasts
Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella Cheese
Chicken Breasts with Bacon and Cheese
Chicken With Tomatoes
Easy Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Breast Recipes Index
Chicken Recipe Index