- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, without skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces sliced baby portabella or button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 container (4 1/2 to 5 1/2 ounces) light or regular boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 cup frozen small peas, thawed
- 8 to 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- hot cooked fettuccine or other pasta, or rice
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
Add the mushrooms to the same skillet and sauté until tender. Add the chicken broth and thawed peas. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the boursin cheese until well blended. Add the chicken and tomatoes; stir to blend, cover, and heat through. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve over hot cooked fettuccine or similar pasta.
You Might Also Like