Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breast halves, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen spinach soufflé, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Wash chicken and pat dry. Put chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently until an even thickness. Presliced thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts can be used in place of the chicken breast halves.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoned salt or salt and pepper; dip into the flour to coat thoroughly. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Arrange browned chicken in the baking dish. Spoon spinach evenly over the chicken.
Toss bread crumbs with melted butter, add the salt and Parmesan cheese; toss to blend. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the spinach. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6.
More Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella Cheese
Chicken Breasts with Bacon and Cheese
Chicken With Tomatoes
Herb Baked Chicken Breasts
Creamy Chicken With Mushrooms
Easy Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Breast Recipes Index
Chicken Recipe Index