Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 - 16 oz. can of tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green sweet pepper, diced
- 1 small cooking onion, diced
- 1 medium rib of celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped; OR 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Combine all ingredients, except grated cheese, in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Remove bay leaf and sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.
Good over rice or pasta.
Shared by Ness