- 4 cups cooked diced chicken
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ground sweet paprika, optional
Cook spaghetti or noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat; sauté sliced mushrooms until golden. In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in flour, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir until smooth; add chicken broth and cream. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened. Add chicken, cooked mushrooms, and sherry; heat through. Place noodles or spaghetti in a buttered baking dish; pour on sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Chicken tetrazzini serves 8.