- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; sauté mushrooms until lightly browned.
Cook rice mixture with seasonings according to package directions, using the reserved broth as part of the liquid for cooking the rice.
Combine chicken, mushrooms, and rice in a large 3-quart casserole. Combine sour cream and soup; blend into chicken and rice mixture. Top with the slivered almonds. Cover with lid or foil and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer. Serves 8.
You Might Also Like
- Chicken and Biscuit Casserole
- Chicken and Dressing Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Launa's Chicken & Rice Casserole
- Southern Chicken and Noodle Casserole