- 6 ounces thin egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pimiento, drained, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed under hot water
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese , plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
In large skillet or saucepan over low heat, melt butter; sauté mushrooms until tender. Blend in flour, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add chicken broth, milk, pimiento, and salt and pepper; stir constantly until sauce is thickened. Stir in chicken, peas, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and the cooked noodles. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over top. Bake the casserole for about 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Serves 6 to 8.
You Might Also Like
- Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
- Homemade Chicken and Biscuits
- Potluck Chicken and Macaroni Bake
- Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Easy Chicken Gemelli Bake
- Chicken Bake With Black Beans and Salsa