This is a super easy chicken casserole made with a thickened sauce, cooked chicken, and broccoli spears.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups herb seasoned croutons
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 8 large slices cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 375° F. Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat; stir in flour and pepper. Remove from heat; add chicken broth gradually, stirring until smooth. Return to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Place croutons in bottom of the prepared quart baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over the croutons. Arrange broccoli spears in single layer over croutons and sauce then layer chicken slices over the broccoli, then pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until heated through.