Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper or a spicy seasoning blend
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (12 to 15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups chunky salsa, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chile peppers, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) shredded Mexican cheese blend or mixture of Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Colby cheeses
Sprinkle the chicken all over with salt and pepper or a spicy chicken seasoning blend.
Combine the drained beans, corn, 1 cup of the salsa, green chile peppers, and half of the cilantro. Put the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Arrange chicken over the bean and corn mixture, then spoon the remaining salsa over the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and top evenly with the cheese.
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Poultry must be cooked to a minimum of 165°.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes
Chicken in Sherry
Homemade Chicken and Biscuits
Potluck Chicken and Macaroni Bake
Chicken, Cheese, and Penne Pasta Bake
Chicken Casserole Recipe
Herb Chicken Casserole
Chicken Asparagus Casserole
Easy Nacho Chicken
Savory Chicken and Broccoli Bake
Chicken in Sour Cream
Easy BBQ Chicken Recipe
Marie's Chicken in Wine
Pat's Creamy Chicken, Slow Cooker
Karla's Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs, Tex-Mex Style