This chicken rice recipe is baked in the microwave oven. For even cooking, make sure chicken is placed so thickest pieces are placed towards corners of dish.
Feel free to add cooked vegetables to the rice before serving.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 jar or can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10 1/2 ounce)
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Butter a 12x8-inch microwave safe baking dish.
In a large bowl combine rice, mushrooms, celery, onion, soup, and water; blend well and transfer to baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces, skin-side up, over the rice mixture; sprinkle with salt and drizzle with the melted butter. Sprinkle with paprika.
Cover baking dish with waxed paper and microwave for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken and rice are done. Unless your oven has a rotating plate, turn dish a quarter turn about halfway through cooking.
Serves 4 to 6.