Make this salad part of your Cajun Picnic.
- 4 cups cooked white meat chicken, cut in small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco® Sauce
BONUS TIP: Make it quicker: purchase a cooked chicken from the market or deli, or really cheat by purchasing prepared chicken salad and adding chopped pecans, cayenne pepper and Tabasco® Sauce (though most Cajuns don't cheat when it comes to cooking).
BONUS TIP 2: When poaching or baking a whole chicken for chicken salad, or any dish requiring boneless chicken, one 5-pound (raw) chicken will yield about 2 1/4 pounds of cooked boneless, skinless chicken meat-more than you need for this recipe, but leftover chicken is always wanted for gumbo or jambalaya.