Yield: Serves 4 to 6.
- 3 to 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skin removed
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dillweed or about 1/4 teaspoons dried dillweed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or basil, or about 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Arrange chicken on the baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes. Turn and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove from the oven, let cool, and chop.
Combine 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with the herbs and lemon juice. Mix with the chopped chicken and add more mayonnaise, as needed, to taste. Stir in salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve in sandwiches or on lettuce with avocado slices or sliced tomatoes.
Serves 4 to 6.