- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, without skin
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Creole seasoning
- Spring greens mix, washed and dried
- 12 large Portobello mushroom slices or 4 large caps
- 4 slices havarti or Swiss cheese
- roasted tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- cocktail onions or sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, regular or light
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon tarragon or white vinegar
- dash garlic powder
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- dash onion powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk or cream, or to desired consistency
Brush a grill pan with olive oil; place over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and browned. Sprinkle lightly with Creole seasoning and set aside and keep warm.
Brush portobello mushrooms with a little olive oil. Grill for about 3 minutes, or until browned on both sides and hot.
Meanwhile, arrange spring mix on 4 plates.Arrange hot mushrooms over the greens, top with a slice of cheese. Slice chicken into strips and place over the mushrooms; brush generously with the dressing (see below). Place a few roasted tomatoes or cherry tomatoes and cocktail onions or sliced red onion on the plates.
Combine dressing ingredients, adding a little milk or cream as desired. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt, to taste.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
Chicken Salad Sandwich Spread With Herbs
Chicken Salad With Bacon
Chicken Sandwich Spread
Chicken Chutney Salad Sandwiches
Grilled Chicken and Portobello Mushroom Salad
Favorite Chicken Salad
Chicken Salads Index
Chicken Sandwich Index
Chicken Recipe Index
Chicken Breast Recipes