- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 medium avocado
- Salad greens
- Sour cream, optional
- Cheddar cheese, optional
- Pickled Jalapeno pepper rings, optional
- Finely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- Dash cayenne, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar or container with lid; shake to blend well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving time.
To serve, pour about half of the dressing over the chicken and bean mixture; toss to coat. Arrange greens on serving plates and top with sliced avocado and a generous amount of the chicken and bean mixture. Garnish, if desired, with sour cream, shredded cheese, and a few jalapeno pepper rings. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Pass the remaining dressing at the table.
Serves 4 to 6.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
Grilled Chicken and Portobello Mushroom Salad
Favorite Chicken Salad
Grilled Chicken Salad
Chicken Salad With Walnuts and Grapes
Chicken Salad With Pecans and Hard-Cooked Eggs
Chicken Recipe Index
Chicken Breast Recipes