This is a nicely seasoned chicken salad with curry powder, great for sandwiches, rolls, or a simple luncheon salad. Serve this flavorful salad on buns or bread, or mound it on lettuce leaves for a wonderful luncheon salad.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped or shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple, shredded
- 5 to 7 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl, combine the chopped chicken, chopped celery, green onion, walnuts, cranberries, and apple. Toss to blend. Stir in the mayonnaise, curry powder, and parsley, if using. Add more mayonnaise, as needed, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serves 3 to 4.