Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 tablespoons concentrated chicken base
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 cup long-grain rice, cooked
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cooked diced chicken
Blend butter and flour in shallow bowl until smooth. Scrape butter mixture into hot soup a little at a time, stirring well after each addition. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Meanwhile, beat yolks in large bowl of electric mixture on high speed
light and lemon colored. Reduce speed and gradually mix in some of the hot
soup. Return mixture to saucepan and cook until heated through. Stir in
rice and chicken.
Serves 6 to 8.