Chicken spaghetti with soups and cheese.
- 1 whole baking hen, about 4 to 5 pounds
- 8 ounces package spaghetti
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small jar pimiento, chopped
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 pound velveeta cheese, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
In large kettle or Dutch oven, cook hen until tender. Remove chicken and strain broth. Cook the spaghetti in the broth while chicken cools. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and chop. Drain spaghetti and add olive oil. In large mixing bowl, combine spaghetti, onion, celery, pimiento, soups and cheese. Add cut up chicken and stir well. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in generously greased baking dish and cook for 20 to 25 minutes at 350°.