Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Appetizer: 12 Entree: 4 to 6
- 24 chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 to 3 tablespoons)
- 1 cup fine, dry, unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cut chicken wings at joints; discard tips or reserve for broth or stock. Combine the wing joints, bourbon, olive oil, lemon rind, and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss to coat the wings. Cover and marinate refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight.
Mix the bread crumbs, paprika, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag.
Drain the wings and toss with the bread crumb mixture.
Place the wings on a baking sheet and place about 4 to 5 inches from heat source under preheated broiler.
Broil until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
This recipe for chicken wings serves 4 to 6 as an entree. Makes about 48 pieces.
Shared by Vandygirl